Are you planning your trip to Rome and you want to have amazing experiences to enjoy the City like a local? You are in the right place. Because here you find an incredible list of wine tasting in Rome in 2023-2024! I love to taking part in these events, wich are suitable for enthusiast and curious. Maybe we’ll meet in one of the next ones!
Wine Events in Rome 2023-2024
- 3 september 2023, Nettuno (near Rome) – Nettuno Wine Festival walk around tasting of many wines made from native vines that you find only here (and no wherelse in the world) walking the street of the historic center. You will have the chance to discover Cacchione vines, the ancient vine that Pliny already wrote about, and the traditional food.
- 21 september 2023, Rome – Buono… non lo conoscevo the traditional Go Wine event entirely dedicated to wines made from native Italian vines. Ticket is 20 euros and you can taste as much wines as you want. Just to compare them and understand the differences.
- 23-24 september 2023, Rome – Vendemmiata Romana within the Botanical Garden Museum of Rome in Trastevere two days of fun and conviviality will take place including tastings, themed workshops, treasure hunts for adults and children, guided tours, seminars, open-air toasts and tasty street food (entrance 10 euros, including visits and workshops). Only in Italian language, so better to have a friend who can translate.
- 8 october 2023, Rome – Guida Essenziale ai Vini d’Italia walk around tasting with one ticket that will give the public the opportunity to taste the greatest wines from all over Italy (30 euros).
- 15 ottobre 2023, Roma – Life of Wine walk around tasting of wines from all over Italy. You can taste the latest vintage and at least two old vintages of representative labels of the wineries.
- 4-12 november 2023, all Italy – Cantine Aperte a San Martino a nine-day long festival to celebrate the end of the harvest and lay the foundations for the new wine year. On the programme, lunches, dinners and picnics among the rows, walks in the vineyard, visits to the cellar, guided tastings, aperitifs at sunset, art exhibitions and much more.
- 9-11 november 2023, Rome – Excellence great event dedicated to food and wine. Here are the numbers from past editions: 80 chefs, 100 Made in Italy producers, 30 conferences, seminars and talk shows, 2 cooking show areas and 4 starred temporary restaurants.
- 2-3 december 2023, Rome – Uva Fiera, beviamola in purezza it is a market exhibition of wines obtained from single grape varieties. They use the walk around tasting formula to present producers and sell their labels to an audience of enthusiasts and operators (you buy only if you like).
- 13-14 genuary 2024, Rome – Nebbiolo nel cuore first you need to know what Nebbiolo is. Nebbiolo is the name of one of the most important vine in Italy and it is the grape to produce the king of the red wines: Barolo. In this event you will have the change to taste the highest vinifications of Nebbiolo that takes the name Barolo, Barbaresco, Carema, Gattinara, Ghemme…
- 27-28 genuary 2024, Rome – Vignaioli Naturali a Roma 15° edition of a walk around tasting dedicated exclusively to natural wines. Natural wine is ancient, and the latest trend. In its purest form, it is wine made from unadulterated fermented grape juice and nothing else (read more).
- 2-4 february 2024, Rome – diVino the event will take place in the suggestive location of Villa Piccolomini, on the Aurelia Antica with a garden overlooking the Dome of St. Peter. Among other things, the villa is equipped with a large internal car park, free for guests of the event. The protagonists will be the winemakers themselves who will offer their most representative labels for tasting, directly describing their wines to journalists, operators and wine lovers.
- 15-18 february 2024, Rome – I Migliori Vini Italiani all the most important Italian wines from all Italian region in one event. With only one ticket you will have the chance to taste undreds of Italian wines in a walk around tasting.
- 25-26 february 2024, Rome – Vini da Terre Estreme in this event you can discover production wines produced in so-called extreme areas: mountains, steep slopes, rocky terrain, terraces, steps, sand, small islands.
- 2-4 march 2023, Rome – Rome Wine Expo great walk around tasting with one ticket to discover all the most important Italian wines (ticket 25 euros).